By statute membership has to be a recognised body not an individual. It can sometimes be difficult to judge whether a community organisation is truly representative of the community they claim to represent. Organisations should be clear about who they represent, as well as their aims and objectives. Ideally organisations represented on the committee should have a written constitution and documented membership to help secure the legitimacy of representatives.
Representatives of the RACC
- Medway Council.
- Tonbridge & Malling Council.
- Kent County Council.
- BAe Systems.
- Medway Aircraft Preservation Society (MAPS).
- Skytrek Flying School Limited.
- Rochester Airport Limited.
- Innovation Centre - Medway
- Holiday Inn - Chatham
- Gyro Flying School
- Microlight Flying School
- Aylesford Parish Council
- Fly Aviation Ltd
- Local Residents Tour Group.
- General Aviation Safety Council (GASCo) - Secretary
- Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust
Meetings are held annually although if an issue requires urgent attention other meetings can be held.
Department for Transport Airport Consultative Committee guidelines can be found here.